System Engineer Job Description
Director of Operations
Maintains client uptime and improves their computing experiences through effective remote and on-site monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities.
- Manages, maintains, troubleshoots and supports our users' networks, equipment, software and services.
- Identifies user problems and works within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs.
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots user computing issues to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes service-specific tools and technologies to deliver on-site user support services.
- Updates service request information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications to further develop your technical skills.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers that further develop our company's positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to the company.
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work individually and as a member of the Technical Services team
- Identify trends and propose solutions that head-off recurring and future issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008r2, 2012r2, and 2016.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Virtual server, Hyper V, and VMware virtualization.
- Experience with troubleshooting, configuring, and supporting SAN and NAS devices.
- Experience with troubleshooting, configuring, and supporting small to enterprise level Active Directory environments.
- Experience with implementing and administration of enterprise switches, firewalls, routers, and wireless access systems.
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, computer components, LAN/WAN, browsers, and mobile devices.
- Ability to clearly communicate highly complex matters and concepts to a target audience.
- Team player with the ability to conduct work with utmost confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service orientation and an ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Able to manage, resolve and/or escalate areas of conflict with cross-functional issues.
- Able to demonstrate professional and empathetic behavior in the resolution of both routine and complex customer problems.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Plus Desired Certifications:
- MTA, MCP, MCSA, or MCSE
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP
- Comptia Server +, A+, Security +, or Network +
We make it easier for you to do business and for others to do business with you.