Data Conversion Specialist
Working closely within a data focused team this role is primarily responsible for migrating/converting data from legacy databases into our core application database (MS SQL). Part of this function involves ensuring as part of the data migration that data quality, integrity and completeness is maintained or improved and that duplicate entities are consolidated.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Take ownership of design, development and testing of all data transformation, extraction and migration activities.
- Working with the Project Manager to ensure that all migration/conversion issues are resolved on time.
- Work with data owners to verify and obtain approval that any transformed data retains its accuracy.
- Execute one off data migration jobs as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications Required:
- Proficient in C#.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher.
- Familiarity of other database types including flat files.
- Achieving Results – Be aware of key business and team objectives and ensure that these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with client.
- Customer Focus (internal) – Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure that customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build solid relationships with team members and internal customers.
- Communication – Effective written and verbal communication skills suited for technical audiences, peers, IT management, vendors and data users.
- Technical Skills – SQL query tools and Transact SQL (SQL Server v2008-2014), Experience in the use and creation of data lineage models. Experience with the use of entity relationship models. Experience with SQL server performance tuning and monitoring.
- Planning and Organizing – Effective at planning and managing own workload and ability to split time between reactive tasks and planned project work.
- Teamwork – Effective at contributing towards the objectives of a team, and being able to share knowledge, experience, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Effective at solving problems in a measured and creative way. Proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are of benefit to the business. Effective at balancing long and short term objectives. Responsible for own decisions and actions.
- Influencing and Impact – Act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behavior that should provide an example to other employees. Needs to be able to identify tasks outside of own remit and work with peers to ensure an end to end solution is effectively delivered. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
To inquire about our open positions please contact us and fill the required information in the form.